A chicken and chorizo ‘pizza’ stir-fry? What’s all that about?
Well, I love the flavours of a pizza as much as anyone. I just can’t eat it all that often if I’m being health conscious.
Previously, I posted a pizza omelette recipe which recreates the appearance of a traditional pizza. This stir-fry takes a different approach to utilising many of my favourite pizza flavours whilst removing the carbs and gluten which can cause issues for many of us.
This dish is one of my favourite weekday treats because it’s tasty and quick to prepare (and eat…).
Chicken and Chorizo ‘Pizza’ Stir-Fry
Makes two to three portions
3 garlic cloves
200g chorizo ring
4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp smoked paprika
10 cherry tomatoes
4 large handfuls of spinach
1 handful of pine nuts
2 balls of mozzarella
Salt and pepper
- Let’s slice our onions and chorizo before crushing the garlic. Add all three to a bowl.
- Warm a large frying pan or casserole dish on a medium heat before adding olive oil.
- Add the garlic, onions and chorizo to the pan. Mix together and cook for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken into small chunks. Place in a bowl and sprinkle the paprika on top before mixing it thoroughly together.
- After those five minutes have passed, add the chicken to the pan. Stir and allow at least ten minutes for the chicken to cook thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, chop the cherry tomatoes in half and wash the spinach.
- After those ten minutes have passed, add the tomatoes to the pan and mix everything thoroughly for a minute.
- Next, add the spinach and the pine nuts. Again, stir and mix everything together for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, let’s chop our mozzarella up.
- After those five minutes have passed, throw the mozzarella in the pan. Stir it in for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
This recipe can be mixed up in a number of ways. Think about your favourite pizza flavours. Perhaps you like bacon, or pepperoni, or anchovies, or beef. There’s no reason why these can’t be substituted in.
Remember: if you do try my chicken and chorizo ‘pizza’ stir-fry recipe, take a picture and share it on Instagram. I’d love to check it out.
Thanks for reading this recipe. Please feel free to share it using one of the buttons below.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE WRITING STRUGGLE VIA EMAIL.